This award honors a graduating senior for an outstanding capstone research project in the psychological sciences (Psychology or Communication Sciences). Dr. Edwin and Patricia Hollander contributed significantly to the field of psychological sciences.
Criteria to be used to evaluate applications for the Hollander Capstone Research Award
Applicants for this award must be working on a psychologically-relevant, data-based Capstone project within the Department of Psychological Sciences (Psychology and Communications Sciences Programs). Completed or nearly-completed projects are acceptable. For consideration, applicants should submit the following materials:
- the background/importance of the project;
- a priori hypotheses;
- and conclusions, highlighting what was learned from the project and how this information addresses an important scientific question
- A copy of the applicant’s undergraduate transcript
- A brief description of the applicant’s plans following graduation
- A brief description of the applicant’s other academic accomplishments (e.g., conference presentations, publications, organizational memberships, leadership and service experiences; items 3 & 4 should not comprise more than 1 page of text, combined)
Applications should be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org and put “Hollander Applicant” as the subject heading of the email.
Submission Deadline: March 16, 2020