Who Are We?
Our chapter of the National Student Speech-Language Hearing Association welcomes any students interested in the Communication Sciences major or in related professions such as speech-language pathology, audiology, or any other health career. We help connect our members with opportunities for professional development and develop a social network with students and faculty in our Communication Sciences department. We also plan fundraisers and advocacy events to raise awareness of issues related to communication disorders.
Here are some events we hosted in the past!
- Community Advocacy Day (Educational stations about communication disorders)
- Discussions about applying to graduate programs in speech-language pathology and audiology
- Discussions about with current health professionals working in the field
- “Lunch and Learn” with Psychology and Communication Sciences professors
- Monthly general body meetings with activities, bonding, professional development and giveaways
- Mentor-Mentee Program open to all majors
- Fundraisers for National NSSLHA scholarships and other COSI related non profit organizations.