Early Intervention Developmental Specialist Certificate:
An Early Intervention Developmental Specialist is a professional who is trained to work with individuals with disabilities by implementing strategies, curricula, and interventions, in addition to working with families to support child skill development. This Early Intervention (EI) certificate is for individuals who are interested in working with young children.
Certification can be obtained through: The Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities and through the University. You will receive the university certificate upon completion of all program requirements. Students must apply to receive the Ohio certificate. More information can be found here.
In line with the Ohio Department of Developmental Disabilities, the Early Intervention certificate provides training and skills in areas that are specific to:
- Infant/Toddler growth and development
- Disabilities and risk factors from birth
- Family-centered services and supports
- Evaluation and Assessment
- Team collaboration
- Individual Family Service Plan Development, Intervention Planning, and Service Delivery