Thank you for your interest in our Masters Degree in Developmental Psychology with an Early Intervention Specialization! Admission to the program is competitive. The fit between a student and the program philosophy, structure, and training is essential as is a commitment to conducing early intervention with young children.
The Program Director, Elizabeth Short, is happy to respond to e-mail inquiries regarding specific questions if you cannot find the information on our website.
How to Apply
External applications will be considered on a rolling admissions basis until the cohort is full. Juniors at CWRU may apply and be considered for enrollment in their senior year, provided all major and general education requirements have been met. To apply to the program go to our online application portal.
Partial funding from the Department of Education is available for students on a competitive basis.
Application review and the funding decision-making process will begin on January 15. As funded is limited, we encourage early submissions of applications.
Submit the following using the online application process:
- $50 Nonrefundable Application Fee. If you have a severe financial hardship, which prevents you from paying this, please email email@example.com
- Personal Statement, (approximately 1,000 words (a) addressing why you are interested in this program in developmental psychology and early intervention, (b) referencing any employment and/or volunteer experiences that may have contributed to your interest in early intervention, and (c) indicating how and where you see yourself using this training in the next five years).
- Optional writing samples. These may also be submitted directly to the Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Email addresses of your 3 referees. Instructions are automatically e-mailed to your referees.
- Contact ETS to submit your GRE scores to CWRU (institution code 1105, no department code). **The GRE has been waived for the 2020-21 admissions cycle due to COVID-19.**
As your application materials are processed, your application portal is updated. It is also updated once your application is complete. The School of Graduate Studies must receive all required materials before any formal action can be taken. It usually takes several weeks for all the application materials to be received and processed.