Clinical Psychology Application Workshop for Underrepresented Populations (CPAW-UP)
Case Western Reserve University Psychological Sciences Diversity Committee is excited to announce the Clinical Psychology Application Workshop for Underrepresented Populations (CPAW-UP). CPAW-UP is a graduate student-run and faculty-supported virtual workshop that aims to increase access to resources, training, and experiences to support interest and competitiveness in pursuing a graduate degree in psychology.
- To provide resources to prospective students from underrepresented backgrounds, such as first-generation college students, BIPOC, and/or LGBTQIA+ students
- To help increase the competitiveness and representation of underrepresented groups in clinical psychology graduate programs
What are the learning objectives for attendees of CPAW-UP?
- To gain general application advice, catered to the personal needs, and/or limitations of attendees
- To gain a better understanding of the requirements for graduate school applications, interviews, and success
- To learn about different graduate degrees in the field of mental health, and how to pursue different mental health careers based on personal and professional goals
We are looking for individuals who are interested in pursuing a Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology and who:
- are from educational, cultural, or geographic backgrounds that are underrepresented in graduate study in their discipline
- have experienced financial hardship as a result of family economic circumstances
- are first-generation U.S. citizens or are the first generation in their family to graduate from a four-year college
- are a part of the LGBTQIA+ community
- and who have demonstrated a commitment to diversity
CWRU will be offering both a Spring 2022 CPAW-UP and a Fall 2022 CPAW-UP. Both CPAW-UP events will be conducted entirely virtually and will be entirely free of cost. Please see below for a brief description of each event to determine which one may best fit your needs. Specific dates for these events to follow.
CPAW-UP Workshop Details
Workshop 1: Are you interested in learning more about graduate school?
The Spring 2022 CPAW-UP: GRADUATE SCHOOL INFORMATION WORKSHOP
- For our Spring 2022 workshop, we would like to welcome up to 100 attendees on a first come, first serve basis.
- During the two-day workshop, we will be offering broad guidance on careers in psychology, different training programs, expectations for those applying to clinical psychology graduate programs, and ways to improve graduate school applications.
- Interested individuals should complete the online survey to be made available here for more details by the deadline of May 1, 2022. The Spring 2022 CPAW-UP will occur on May 14 and May 15, 2022.
Workshop 2: Are you ready to apply to graduate school?
The Fall 2022 CPAW-UP: GRADUATE SCHOOL APPLICATION WORKSHOP
- For our Fall 2022 workshop, a formal application will be required, and we plan to accept up to 25 attendees.
- The workshop will consist of talks, panel discussions, CV and personal statement workshops, in addition to one-on-one and small group meetings with current graduate students as well as faculty. These activities are designed to help prepare incoming applicants for graduate admission.
- A range of topics will be covered including finding the right program, putting together an application, interview day, and more.
- Interested individuals should complete the online application to be made available here by the deadline of DATE TBD. Applicants will be notified of the status of their application to the Fall 2022 CPAW-UP by DATE TBD and will be held on DATE TBD.
Please contact the CWRU Psychological Sciences Diversity Committee at email@example.com if you have any questions about the event or about the application.
Note: Please refer back to our website to updated information regarding workshop dates and applications.