Welcome to the CWRU Psi Chi Chapter
Psi Chi is a national honor society whose purpose is to encourage, stimulate, and maintain excellence in scholarship of the individual members in all fields, particularly in psychology, and to advance the science of psychology. Members participate in fundraisers, socials, community services, and the real world’s various psychological arenas. Membership in Psi Chi is an earned honor which lasts for life. Membership is open to graduate and undergraduate students who are making the study of psychology one of their main interests and who meet the minimum qualifications. When you are inducted into Psi Chi, you become eligible to wear a Psi Chi honor cord, medal, keypins, charms, lapel pins, etc. Honor cords are especially popular as they are worn on graduation day to distinguish honors. For further information, please check the National Psi Chi Chapter Website or contact Dr. Robert Greene, Ph.D.
Here are the steps that you must take in order to join Psi Chi:
1) Go to the Psi Chi website and apply there. Pre-requisites are:
- You are majoring or minoring in psychology.
- You are at least a second semester sophomore with a GPA of at least 3.0.
- You are able to pay a onetime only $55 lifetime fee.
2) Contact Dr. Robert Greene, Ph.D. to notify him that you have applied.
3) Dr. Greene will ask you to provide a copy of your unofficial transcript and to put the check to cover to your membership fee in his mailbox.
4) Dr. Greene will notify you when you can pick up your Psi Chi membership certificate.