Visit Dr. Przeworski’s Lab Webpage
View Dr. Przeworski’s Recent Publications
Follow Dr. Przeworski on Twitter
Read Dr. Przeworski’s Psychology Today Blog
Read Dr. Przeworski’s Huffington Post Blog
Dr. Przeworski’s work has been featured in newspapers and magazines such as Livescience.com, MSNBC, US News & World Report, The Times of India, The Huffington Post, Psychcentral.com, The Behavioral Medicine Report, Ideastream, and Marie Claire.
Our laboratory focuses on the maintenance and treatments of anxiety disorders across the lifespan and anxiety in individuals of diverse backgrounds (including individuals of diverse ethnicity and LGBTQ individuals). Maintenance factors of interest in our lab include cognitive, behavioral, and interpersonal factors. Our laboratory primarily (a) conducts laboratory based studies which examine family interactions in children with anxiety disorders or maintenance factors in adults with anxiety disorders (b) conducts questionnaire based studies of interpersonal dynamics and cognitive-behavioral factors that are related to anxiety disorders, and (c) develops novel treatments for children, adolescents, and adults with anxiety disorders.
- Family Functioning in African American Children. This study examines how culture, parenting, and family interactions may contribute to the development of anxiety disorders, externalizing symptoms, or healthy functioning in African American families.
- Coming Out in the LGBQ Community. This online study focuses on the emotional experience of LGBQ individuals. The goal is to see to whom individuals have come out and what emotions surround this disclosure in every day life. To participate, please click here.
- Psychological Functioning in Families of Gender Variant Youth. This online study examines the experience of gender non-conforming children and their parents. The goal is to examine what variables are associated with resilience and adaptive functioning as well as what variables predict increased negative mood. To participate, please visit http://caslabs.case.edu/anxiety/participate-in-studies/
- Child Anxiety in Young Children. This online study examines the family environment and emotion regulation of young children with selective mutism, separation anxiety disorder, social anxiety, shyness, OCD, or ADHD. To participate, please visit:http://psychology.case.edu/research/fear_lab/participate.html
- Interpersonal functioning in individuals with OCD or Hoarding. This is a series of online studies that assess aspects of relationship and interpersonal functioning in individuals with various types of OCD symptoms and hoarding symptoms. The goal is to understand more about the maladaptive interpersonal relationships of individuals with OCD or hoarding from the perspective of the individual with OCD and relationship partners. To participate please go to:http://psychology.case.edu/research/fear_lab/participate.html
**Prospective Graduate Students**
I am planning to accept a new graduate student for the upcoming academic year