IMPACT is a year-long mentoring program designed to provide students from underrepresented minority groups at Hampton University (HU) and Case Western Reserve University (CWRU) with access to diverse Communication Sciences and Disorders (COSI/CSD) professionals, exposure to research opportunities, and graduate school preparation.
Why apply to IMPACT?
The IMPACT program will prepare students for acceptance into top SLP and audiology graduate programs and build future leaders who understand and embody inclusion, diversity, and compassion. Students will receive GRE preparation materials. There is no cost to the student for the included activities.
- Participate in a cultural empathy book club
- Complete CITI training for research participation
- Attend 12 virtual activities including tours of the CSD program at the University of Pittsburgh and Boys Town National Research Hospital
- Submit a proposal for a poster presentation for the 2021 ASHA Convention
- Contribute to an IMPACT Instagram account
- Graduate school application preparation
How to apply?
This program is funded by a grant from ASHA’s Office of Multicultural Affairs.